Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Cat Who Played Post Office, Lillian Jackson Braun (1987)

A thoroughly well written, entertaining murder mystery, with quirky characters and enigmatic cats to boot. As a side note, I recently bought three books at Barnes & Noble. Cost me thirty-five bucks. When the cashier asked me if I wanted to spend another ten bucks to become a card carrying member and get 10% off future purchases, I declined, saying I read too much to buy books brand new and that most of what I read comes from either the used bookstore or the local library. Which is why I've stopped reading The Cat Who... series in the order these books were published. Not deliberately. I just can't always find what I'm looking for at the latter two spots. And that's fine. It's not as if I'm missing out on crucial info if I skip books five and six and jump to book seven. Each novel is self-contained. It's just that sometimes it's nice to follow the writer's development or at least the protagonist's development. No biggie, though. Had to do the same with Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot series. Partly because I prefer the large print books. They're easier on the eyes. Hence I can read them faster. Five out of five stars. Rated G

2 comments:

  1. This software is now more and more comfortable. Its dashboard could assist in checking and controlling all the progress. The user takes a player and a new panel. We see that this dashboard specifies that we can see it.Speedify Crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Carla. To employ the parlance of our time, I ask you, "Huh?"

    ReplyDelete

How Learning a New Language Improves One’s Life, and other Trivia

Some things are inexplicable. For example, my desire to teach myself a second language at age fifty-two. And what, pray tell, was that secon...